Estimated at £26,000 - £30,000
Registration No: LSU 981
Chassis No: TA1734
The first of the famous MG T-series line, the TA was introduced in 1936. Larger, faster and more comfortable than its PB predecessor, the newcomer was powered by an MPJG 1292cc OHV engine that developed some 50bhp @ 4,800rpm. Allied to four-speed manual transmission, it endowed the two-seater with a nigh-on 80mph top speed. Traditionalists may have decried the adoption of a less exotic powerplant, insulating rubber engine mounts and - after a while - synchromesh on 3rd and 4th gears but the TA had accounted for 3,003 sales by the time production ceased in 1939.
According to the T-Register manufactured on the 21st of September 1937, chassis ‘TA1734’ is finished in Green with complementing Green interior upholstery and Black weather equipment (comprising hood tonneau cover, full-length tonneau cover, soft-top and side screens). Fitted with a replacement 1250cc XPAG four-cylinder engine which was understood to have been fitted by BMC, the TA was subject to a comprehensive body-off restoration during the previous (1989-2006) ownership with some accompanying restoration photographs present.
‘LSU 981’ has benefitted from further improvement work throughout the vendor's sixteen-year ownership, with the TA benefitting from servicing; wheel cylinders checked and new steering wheel (with original accompanying) in 2018; fuel lines in 2017; new starter motor, choke cable, starter switch, speedo cable, and spark plugs in 2015 and a brake and radiator overhaul in 2014, with the majority of the work being completed by DLF Classic Cars. Offered with a history file that contains many invoices from the vendor’s custodianship; previous MOTs dating back to 1996; the aforementioned restoration images; correspondence with previous owners; a reproduction instruction manual and parts catalogue and a current V5C document.
For more information, please contact: