Sold for £16,875
(including buyers premium)
Registration No: 876 XVG
Chassis No: HDA4354254
The Syd Enever-designed MGA was a breath of fresh air for the Abingdon marque, replacing as it did the last of the venerable T Series cars, whose origins dated all the way back to the TA of 1936. Launched at the 1955 Frankfurt Motor Show, it featured a separate chassis penned by Roy Brocklehurst and was powered by the 1489cc straight-four BMC B Series engine. The suspension was independent with coil springs at the front and by live axle hung on semi-elliptic leaf springs at the rear. Braking was by Lockheed drums all-round, and steering was by rack and pinion.
Manufactured in 1958 for the North American market, 876 XVG was first registered in the UK in 2019 and is presented in red with contrasting black interior. Sitting on chrome wire wheels with luggage rack, spare wheel and tonneau cover, the odometer currently displays 26,835 miles and the vendor rates the condition of the bodywork, engine, electrical equipment, paintwork and transmission as “good”, with the interior trim being described as “very good”. 876 XVG is accompanied by a V5 document together with a number of invoices, as well as a copy of the Florida title.
Please note: This vehicle benefits from an uprated 1800cc engine.
For more information, please contact: