Lot details Registration No: CCC 500 Chassis No: DLW83 Mot Expiry: Exempt
- Formal Limousine by Freestone & Webb
- Featured in Lawrence Dalton's 'The Classic Elegance', ex-Lord Cadogan
- Stalled restoration project with in excess of c.£60,000 understood to have been spent
- Much work completed by Monty with invoices from Royce Service & Engineering (1991 onwards)
- We understand that almost all parts are included to complete the project
- Photos of works undertaken, wood redone, chrome, engine, chassis, bodywork attended to etc.
Formal limousine with coachwork by Freestone & Webb which we understand was originally delivered to Lord Cadogan. A stalled restoration project which has been subject to a huge amount of work over the years. Purchased by the vendor for £17,500 in 1989 (bill of sale on file), CCC 500 was initially intended to be restored as a wedding car but, after a change of plans, the owner decided to undertake the project with a view to adding the car to his personal collection.
Work commenced in 1991, with most being carried out by Phil Montague "Monty", either whilst working for Royce Service and Engineering or later once he had formed Montague & Company. A number of invoices from Royce covering the period 1991 to 1993 are contained in the history file with additional ones from G&G Coachworks of Staines. The vendor estimates that some £60,000 to £80,000 has been lavished on the car although many invoices have not been located after so many years.
The car is said to run and drive in its current state, but attention is now needed to the water pump. Offered with old-style V5 registration document, registration number CCC 500 and sundry invoices.
Works carried out include:
Front and rear suspension overhaul
Body bead blasted to bare metal
Bodywork repairs in aluminium
Ash framing repairs to door pillars etc.
Differential and rear axle overhauled
Stainless steel exhaust
Reconditioned radiator, dynamo and starter
All brightwork rechromed
All interior woodwork refinished to very high standard
Retrimming of front and rear seats (Blue to front and Cream to rear)
New windscreen etc.