Lot details Registration No: DGY 755 Chassis No: 12984 Mot Expiry: Exempt
Thought to be one of only four such Alvis cars to remain, one of which is in the USA and another in Sweden, this Charlesworth-bodied Saloon is finished in Burgundy over Black and trimmed in Burgundy leather. Delivered new to its first owner in Newmarket during September/October 1936, it was subsequently acquired by a Mr L Camidge in 1965, Mr Tim Dale in 1980, Mr Mike Cummins in 1998, and Mr Brian Garratt in 2003. `DGY 755' was treated to a thorough `chassis up' restoration by an enthusiast during the 1980s, which included a complete refurbishment of the interior. The Alvis has driven less than 1,500 miles since the work was completed and the vendor grades the bodywork, paintwork, interior trim, four-speed all-synchromesh manual gearbox and 2.7 litre engine as all being in `good' order.