With a Collective Estimate from £2m - £2.2m
H&H Classics will offer no fewer than ten Ferraris in their Duxford sale at the Imperial War Museum, Cambridgeshire on Wednesday March 29th.
The cars include a Ferrari 330GT Nembo Spider, estimate £500,000 to £700,000; a Ferrari 250GT PF Coupe rebodied as a California Spyder, estimate £600,000 to £800,000; a Ferrari 330GT 2+2, estimate £200,000 to £240,000; a Ferrari 512 M, estimate £170,000 to £190,000 and a Ferrari 512 TR, estimate £135,000 to £155,000.
Damian Jones, Head of Sales at H&H Classics, says: “This Duxford sale provides ten opportunities to buy and own a fabulous Ferrari in the year that the fabled Italian marque celebrates its 70th Anniversary. Each has its own magic and would be great to drive, although condition varies, they encompass everything from a ‘garage find’ through to concours contenders.”
1. The blue 1964 Ferrari 330GT Nembo Spider is conservatively estimated to sell for a figure well in excess of £500,000. The car is a very rare specially commissioned Nembo Spider and has a 4 litre V12 engine. The late owner Richard Allen acquired the Nembo from Italy in the mid-nineties and decided not to drive it on the road but display it regularly at Ferrari events in the UK. The car became the most beloved of all the Prancing Horses in his extensive collection. He bequeathed it to the East Anglian Air Ambulance Service for whom H&H Classics will be selling it.
2. 1958 red Ferrari 250GT PF Coupe rebodied as a LWB California Spyder, MOT Expiry July 2017, Estimate £600,000 – 800,000. The car is offered from the stable of one of the UK's foremost Ferrari collectors. It is based on an original 250GT PF Coupe chassis (Tipo 508D) which is interchangeable with that of a 250GT LWB California Spyder. Correct-type subframe and bodywork expertly copied from chassis 1487GT (an original 250GT LWB California Spyder Competizione that was formerly part of the vendor's collection) It has had a recent £75,000 + VAT engine and gearbox overhaul by marque specialist GTO Engineering.
3. 1965 dark red Ferrari, 330 GT 2+2, CC 3967 MOT Expiry October 2017, estimate £200,000 – 240,000. It is offered from the stable of one of the UK's foremost Ferrari collectors. It is one of just 453 LHD Series 1 cars made and supplied new to the USA via Luigi Chinetti. Restored to an unusually high standard for a 330GT 2+2. E.g. photo documented, bare metal bodywork restoration (2006-2009), steering brakes and suspension refurbished (2009) and engine and gearbox overhauled (2014).
4. 1993 Ferrari 512 TR CC 4943 MOT expiry Feb 2018, estimate £135,000 – 155,000. One of just 88 UK RHD examples it has 30,200 miles from new with 5 previous keepers. Documented ownership from new and offered with an extensive history file
5. 2001 Ferrari 360 Spider F1, red with black seats, estimate £68,000 – 75,000. This car is a well cared for RHD example with c.19,800 miles recorded. It has been looked after by Grimaldi with belts done c. 100 miles ago in 2016.
6. 1984 Ferrari 308 GTS QV, CC 2926. Black, MOT Expiry Nov 2017 Estimate £50,000 – £60,000. Supplied new to California and then resident in Japan for over 20 years. Treated to a cambelt change within the last few hundred kms, 'Euro look' bumpers, Black leather upholstery and air-con. ‘No advisories’ MOT and favourable report from Graypaul (Nottingham)
7. 1992 Ferrari 348TS CC 3400 Rosso Corsa and tan seats. MOT Expiry Feb 2018 Estimate £36,000 – 40,000. Targa roof, UK registered since 1998. Cambelt service within the last few hundred miles and clutch renewed within the last 3,000.
8. 1982 Ferrari Mondial 8 Rosso Corsa and cream seats. Estimate £15,000 – 17,000. 1 of just 145 UK supplied RHD examples. A ‘garage find’ ripe for recommissioning with some 48,000 recorded miles.
9. 1981 Ferrari Mondial 8 Rosso Corsa and black seats. Estimate £30,000 – 35,000. 1 of just 145 UK supplied RHD cars and just 14,000 miles from new.
10. 1995 Ferrari 512 M. The ultimate evolution of Ferrari’s iconic Testarossa family and 1 of just 501 examples made. Estimate £170,000 - £190,000. Colour Rosso Corsa with Pelle Nera seats.
4943cc, MOT till July 2017. Supplied new to Holland and then resident in Japan before coming to the UK during 2015
Cambelt service in 2015.It has done 26,583 km from new (16,500 miles).
11. 2001 Ferrari 360 Spider F1. A very late addition to the Duxford Catalogue. Finished in Nero black with full Sabbia leather interior, ‘Y795 AOO’ is notable for having previously belonged to superstar footballer David Beckham OBE. Stated to have covered just 7,800 miles from new.