Lot details Registration No: 793 YPU Chassis No: MA253921136
- 1st owner Mr Hinton of Upminster from 1961 until circa 1980
- Fabulous history file with old invoices from 1962 at first 500-mile service
- Mileage log from 1964 until 1978
- Original warranty certificate dated 9/9/61
- Drivers handbook, schedule of repair charges, service parts list, passport to service, Shell service record folders, copy of original log book with 1st owner
The Morris Minor is almost as universal a symbol of England as the London bus and the red telephone box and, with over 1.3 million manufactured in its 23-year reign, is one of the most successful cars of all time. Designed by Alec Issigonis (who later penned the ubiquitous Mini), the Minor was unveiled at the 1948 Earls Court Motor Show and 13 years later became the first British car to achieve a million sales. The final iteration followed a year later and featured an increase in engine capacity to 1098cc, a modified facia layout with recessed centre section in textured steel, a return of a glovebox lid for the passenger-side cubby hole, improved heater and more contemporary-looking front light units.