Lot details Registration No: YC 6874 Chassis No: 57997 Mot Expiry: Exempt
- "Nut and bolt restoration by vendor in 2004"
- Still carrying its original registration number
- Buff log book and handbook present
- Current ownership since 2000
- Smoking hatch, luggage nets, opening windscreen
- Remy coil conversion using a Lucas distributor
- First registered to Brig General F A Greer from Withypool
This delightful Austin was purchased by the vendor in 2000 when a complete restoration commenced.
We are advised that the following has been completed:
"New wings and running boards, bare metal repaint, nickel and chrome plate renewed by Derby plating, fabric roof replaced, engine rebored, new pistons, white metal to big ends, main crank bearings hard chromed, new timing chains, valves, valve guides, clutch linings and release bearing. Radiator recored, new water pump. Gearbox stripped and rebuilt using new bearings and fely seals. Rear and front axle rebuilt including king pins. Steering box overhauled, new brake linings including transmission brake, springs cleaned, dampers overhauled, re-wired using correct armoured aluminium cable, complete interior re-trim in leather"