Sold for £30,375
(including buyers premium)
Registration No: WXG 336
Chassis No: TC 6464
H&H are indebted to the vendor for the following information:
Body off bare metal respray new running boards and all other panels repaired where necessary.
Chassis stripped and powder coated.
Back axle and gearbox stripped and inspected and found to be in excellent condition.
Engine dismantled checked foe wear rear crankshaft oil seal conversion carried out, new valve springs and unleaded conversion, performance camshaft fitted new clutch and pressure plate fitted and flywheel ring gear. New dynamator fitted and refurbished starter motor, Carburettors refurbished and rebuilt.
New brake pipes and brakes overhauled and new seals
New interior, new leather seats, carpets floor boards hood and side screens
New dashboard and gauges refurbished
All chrome by derby plating where required.
New door and bonnet handles.
95% of all hardware nuts and bolts replaced with new
Wheels refurbished by Turrino and five new tyres
New fuel line fitted and tank sensor
New wiring loom and most of control switches
The TC was announced within five weeks of the end of WWII. The newcomer featured the familiar dual-cowl dashboard, fold-flat windscreen, cutaway doors, swept wings and rear mounted spare wheel of its predecessor. The major change was the welcome 4in increase in the width of the cockpit. Other refinements included: improved sidescreens, the replacement of the twin six volt batteries with a bulkhead-mounted 12 volt one. Power came from MG's proven 1250cc OHV XPAG unit, a slight rise in compression ratio lifting output to 54.4bhp and raising the top speed to almost 80mph. Though only available in RHD, it was exported worldwide, with exactly 10,000 examples produced before the model was replaced by the TD in 1950.
Vendor Condition Ratings:
Electrical Equipment: 'Excellent'
Interior Trim: Excellent'
For more information, please contact: