Lot details Registration No: K998NKB Chassis No: SAXXNYADBBD049773 Mot Expiry: Sept 2019
- 1 of just 1,000 British Open Classic limited edition Minis produced for the UK market
- Mini Mayfair derived with 1275cc engine, full-length electrically operated Webasto sunroof, Minilite-style alloys, opening rear windows
- Stone Beige Countryman Tweed upholstery with leather inserts and green piping, cream leather steering wheel, matching doorcards and seatbelts, label stitched to seats reading "By Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen"
- Chassis and body waxoyled from new and still super clean underneath
- Original supplying dealer number plates and fresh MOT till Sep 2019
Introduced in June 1992 and based on the flagship Mayfair 1275cc model, just 1,000 British Open Classic Minis were produced for the UK market. Finished in British Racing Green with gold coachlines and 'Mini British Open Classic' Coat of Arms decals, the newcomer also sported Black wheelarch extensions / sill finishers and rode on Minilite-style alloy wheels. A full-length electrically operated Webasto sunroof and opening rear windows allowed plenty of fresh air into the interior which featured a Cream leather steering wheel, Stone Beige Countryman Tweed upholstery with leather inserts and green piping and 'By Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen' labels stitched to the front seats.
Purchased new by the vendor on August 1st 1992, 'K998 NKB' has covered just 9,800 miles over the past twenty-six years. Treated to a thorough waxoyling of its chassis and underbody upon delivery, the Mini has been dry garaged and owner serviced throughout. Rated by the vendor as 'excellent' with regards to its 1275cc engine, four-speed manual gearbox, electrical equipment, bodywork, paintwork and interior trim, he also tells us that the four-seater is 'super clean underneath'. A one owner, unrestored, very low mileage car that still retains its original book pack and supplying dealer number plates, this appealing limited edition Mini is MOT'd until September 2019.