Lot details Registration No: XOP 350 Chassis No: YD11659 Mot Expiry: Exempt
- Home market car that began life in Birmingham
- Stalled restoration project and stored for the past 20 years
- 1 of just 1,801 MG A Twin-Cam Roadsters made
BMC began evolving a DOHC version of its B-Series engine in 1954, but it was 1958 before the Twin-Cam MGA came to market. With 108bhp on tap, it was capable of 0-60mph in 9.1 seconds and a top speed of 115mph. 1,801 Roadsters were made before production ceased in 1960. This particular example - chassis YD1/1659 - rolled off the Abingdon production line on March 24th 1959 prior to being road registered as `XOP 350' by Birmingham County Council. At that time it was apparently finished in Orient Red matched to Black interior trim, and came equipped with a factory-fitted close-ratio gearbox and competition seats and windscreen. Restoration of the MG was started many moons ago, as can be seen from the now Dark Blue body, but ceased in mid-task, and the Twin-Cam has remained in storage for the last 20 years. He or she who takes on the challenge of completing the project will be rewarded with a rare and desirable motorcar. There is no reserve on this lot which comes with a correct-type but replacement `twin cam' engine. Offered for sale strictly as seen.