Sold for £2,530
(including buyers premium)
Registration No: CWT597
Frame No: X813686
Engine No: P8712
Phelon & Moore began manufacturing motorcycles in Cleckheaton in 1904 and kept their Yorkshire roots up until closure in 1967. Initially sold under the P&M banner they became more recognised as Panther in the late 20s. The lightweight 250 models were called Red Panthers and whilst being one of the cheapest motorcycles available became famous for their reliability, winning the Maudes Trophy in 1934.
This 1938 example was reputed to have been first owned by Ken Norris, a well known trials rider of the day. Bought by the vendors father in 1990, it has been stood for a number of years so will need restoring, unfortunately the fuel tank has gone missing over the years. It comes with a V5, a buff log book, instruction manual and a Pitmans book covering Panthers lightweight models.
For more information, please contact: