Lot details Registration No: BFY 307 Chassis No: 627738 Mot Expiry: Exempt
- Original registration number
- Large sliding sunroof
- Original and supple brown leather interior
- Extensive maintenance history
- 6 Cylinder engine with 4 speed gearbox
- Fitted with a heater
- Working trafficators
- Bills on file since 2016 in excess of £3000
- Large history file with old MOT certificates sales brochure and handbook
- Only 77,000 recorded and credible miles
The Vauhall 14/6 was produced in the United Kingdom from 1939 to 1948
Announced in early October for the 1938 Earls Court Motor Show the 14-6 was offered as a six-light, four door saloon ]and was powered by a four bearing, OHV, 1,781cc Straight-six engine It had a top speed of 70mph and could accelerate from 0-50mph in 18.2 seconds.
The previous engine was retained but with compression ratio raised from 6.25 to 6.75:1 and revised timing increasing the output to 48bhp at 3000rpm. Other features included independent front suspension using torsion bars in place of the previous Dubonnet system with semi-elliptic leaf springs at the rear, Lockheed hydraulic brakes and a three-speed all-synchromesh gearbox in place of the four-speed "silent third" gearbox.