Lot details Registration No: EVG 82H Chassis No: 35001124G Mot Expiry: Jan 2017
- Purchased new by Colman's Mustard of Carrow Works, Norwich
- Painted Fire Engine Red by the works department and served as their Fire Tender for 18 years towing an HCB Angus pump
- Sold to Colman's Doctor in 1988 who used it to visit patients in bad weather
- Subsequently owned by a good friend of the Doctor and stored in a heated garage as part of his private collection
- Purchased by the vendor in 2013 and treated to an extensive restoration
This splendid-looking Land Rover was supplied new to Colman's Mustard by their local Mann Egerton dealer. They resprayed it from Grey to Red and it served as their fire tender and personnel carrier for 18 years - when on fire duty it towed an HCB Angus pump. It was first registered when sold to the company's doctor in 1988, who employed it to access patients in outlying areas. It then passed to a friend before the vendor acquired 'EVG 82H' in 2013. He has subsequently carried out a comprehensive restoration that included: new wings, doors, floors, sills, 12-seat Exmoor interior, headlining, Avon tyres, and lights; respray inside and out; full mechanical overhaul and engine service etc. Considered by the vendor to now be 'excellent' throughout, it is being sold complete with old log books and MOT into January. The odometer currently registers an unwarranted but credible 20,350 miles.