Lot 96 (Imperial War Museum Duxford, 18th March 2020)
Registration No: NTU 175
Chassis No: B125LH
This 4.25-litre MkVI was first registered with Rolls Royce in Pyms Lane, Crewe and retains its original registration mark NTU 175. The car was then sold to the chief accountant at Vickers Armstrong on 12th June 1951 before passing to the next owner, a Mr Barman of Melbourne, Derbys, in 1954. It was subsequently sold in 1961 to Charles Robinson of Tenbury. It then changed hands again in 1966 before being registered with the current owner in 1978. The ownership history from new is therefore pleasingly documented on the accompanying buff logbook. It has been owned and maintained by the family ever since and mostly by the long-time owner who more recently passed it on to his son. He however does not have the same passion and hence it has come onto the market after 41 years!. The vendor also informs us that the original engine although dismantled is available by separate negotiation. Finished in two-tone silver grey with grey interior, B125LH is described as having “very good” body, paintwork and manual transmission with “good” engine and interior, having been “well maintained” and “drives as any competent MkVI owner would expect”.
Sold for £17,417
(including buyers premium)