Sold for £13,500
(including buyers premium)
Registration No: DSV 984
Chassis No: 1641243
First registered in December 1929, this Tudor is believed to have been imported from Europe in the late 1980s and treated to a comprehensive restoration around this time. It is accompanied by a Swansea V5c, handbooks, manuals and a history file dating back to 1990. Finished in dark blue with black wings and beige cloth interior, the car features an opening windscreen, temperature gauge and indicators, being described as having “very good” engine and electrics with “good” bodywork, paintwork, gearbox and interior.
Amid rumours that several States were preparing to ban his Model T due to its 'unsafe' hand-operated braking system, Henry Ford begrudgingly succumbed to pressure and authorised development of a successor. Introduced in December 1927, the Model A was greeted with unprecedented demand. Longer and lower-slung than the Model T, it retained transverse-leaf suspension but proved significantly more refined. Designed by Howard Hicks, its 3285cc, L-Head four-cylinder engine developed 40bhp (twice the Model T's output) boasting niceties like coil ignition and integral water pump. Mated to a three-speed manual gearbox, it gave a top speed of 65mph necessitating the fitment of four-wheel brakes.