Lot 327 (A|B|C Live Auction Online, 16th September 2020)
Estimated at £28,000 - £32,000
Registration No: UJO 10
Chassis No: TF659
Motor Car Location: Fife
Factory car and first registered to Morris Garages, Oxford
Last of the MG T-series line, the TF was introduced in October 1953. Although mechanically near identical to its TD predecessor, the provision of a raked radiator, revised wing line and faired-in headlamps lent it an altogether sleeker and sportier air. Powered by a revised version of the well-proven, four-cylinder XPAG engine but this time using larger valves, a higher compression ratio and twin SU 1.5in carburettors, the new model was reputedly capable of over 80mph. Equipped with both rack-and-pinion steering and independent coil-and-wishbone front suspension, it helped maintain the marque's 'Safety Fast' reputation. Around 6,200 TF1250s were made, followed by 3,400 1500s.