Lot details Registration No: EG 9914 Chassis No: 59SS4988 Mot Expiry: Exempt
- 1 of just 507 examples and finished in Ming Blue
- Offered with old style log book, history file and collection of invoices
- Current family ownership since 2000, restored in the 1990's with photographs included
- Understood to have originally been employed to pick-up incoming movie stars at the airport
Even though a Nuffield subsidiary, the immediate post-war Rileys were still readily identifiable as being products of the old Coventry firm. Their 2443cc big four was revived in 1946 and installed in a lengthened RMA chassis, with identical styling to the 1939-introduced RMA saloon, to achieve the RMB. Power was increased from 90 to 100bhp from 1948, resulting in a 94mph top speed for the RMB saloon. The engine also appeared under the bonnets of the most desirable of all post-war Rileys, the RMC three-seater roadster of 1948-1950.