Sold for £8,833
(including buyers premium)
Registration No: FPU 19
Chassis No: VA0457
Motor Car Location: Cheshire
Believed to be substantially complete in regards to its body and mechanical components
The MG VA, or MG 1½-litre as it was originally marketed was produced by MG between February 1937 and September 1939 and was the smallest of the three sports saloons they produced in the late 1930s, the others being the SA and WA. Using a tuned version of the push-rod, overhead valve four-cylinder Morris TPBG type engine that was also fitted to the Wolseley 12/48 and Morris Twelve series III. The MG version had twin SU carburettors and developed 54 bhp (40 kW) at 4500 rpm. Drive was to the live rear axle via a four-speed manual gearbox with synchromesh on the top three ratios, though on some early cars it was only on the top two speeds. Nineteen-inch wire wheels were fitted, and the 10-inch (250 mm) drum brakes were hydraulically operated using a Lockheed system. In-built hydraulic jacks were standard and the suspension was by half-elliptic springs all round with a live rear axle and beam front axle plus Luvax shock absorbers were fitted with the rear ones adjustable from the dashboard.
For more information, please contact: