Lot 73 (Imperial War Museum Duxford, 14th October 2015)
Registration No: Un-Reg
Chassis No: CA26797
Mot Expiry: Exempt
Amid rumours that several States were preparing to ban his Model T due to its 'unsafe' hand-operated braking system, Henry Ford begrudgingly succumbed to pressure from his son Edsel in July 1926 and authorised the development of a successor the Ford Model A which was manufactured between 1928 and 1931. Offered in a wide variety of body styles it was the first Ford to incorporate the standard set of driver controls with a conventional clutch, brake pedal, accelerator and gearshift. This particular Canadian-built example is of left-hand drive specification and has been self-evidently restored and repainted in Dark Blue with Black wings matched to a Blue cloth interior. The Phaeton is one of the rarer and more sought-after Model A body styles with this example being fitted with the larger and more desirable 3.2 engine. Having recently arrived on these shores the Ford is offered with all the relevant import paperwork and is ready to be registered to its new keeper.