Lot 17 (The Pavilion Gardens, 19th July 2018)
Registration No: PKH101F
Chassis No: CASV9617070801500
- Total mechanical and bodywork restoration to bare metal
- Only 3 owners from new; first for 2 years, second for 24 years, present for 26 years
- Presented in its original livery of J A Hewistons Floors of Hull
- Only 61000 warranted miles
- Converted to run on unleaded fuel
This delightful CA is described by the vendor as follows:
- Engine.. excellent
- Electrical equipment.. excellent
- Paintwork.. excellent
- Transmission or gearbox.. excellent
- Interior trim. excellent
The Bedford CA was a distinctive pug-nosed light commercial vehicle produced between 1952 and 1969 by Bedford in Luton, United Kingdom.
It was manufactured in short-wheelbase and long-wheelbase forms, each form available in either a 10-12 cwt or a 15 cwt version.
Generally it was supplied as a light delivery van with sliding doors, but it was also available as a chassis with cowl upon which specialist bodywork could be added. The Bedford Dormobile was a Campervan conversion based on the Bedford CA van.
In its day, the vehicle was ubiquitous; the Ford Transit of its time. These vehicles are now extremely rare.
The CA was also exported to Canada and sold as the Envoy CA, as part of the Envoy brand line-up.