Back to list
Lot 326 (A|B|C Live Auction Online, 24th June 2020)
1987 Lancia Delta HF Turbo Cabriolet
Registration No: D89 HYK
Chassis No: ZLA831AB000377814
MOT: August 2020
Motor Car Location: London
- Originally an H.R. Owen demonstrator and converted by them to a cabriolet for that purpose
- Sold on to Lancia dealers Optima Cars and upon that company’s liquidation the car passed to an ex-director
- Purchased from that source in 1996 at 36,000 miles by the current owner’s company and subsequently taken over by him the car was used regularly until 2005 when it became too small for business and was garaged, having little use but regularly checked and MOT’d
- In current ownership since 1996, but little use since 2005
- Warranted mileage just over 48,000 and MOT until August 2020
- It has been on a SORN for the last four years
- Receipts confirm a replacement clutch, gearbox work, overhauled turbo and fitment of a Thatcher alarm
- Described as having good bodywork and paintwork with the exception of a small amount of rust at the bottom of the screen pillars, remedial work would not appear significant. The double layer hood whilst free from tears and damage, would repay professional reproofing or replacing as it is no longer completely waterproof
- An unusual and quick variation on an iconic car for little outlay and with enormous potential
Vendor Condition Ratings:
Electrical Equipment: 'Very Good'
Gearbox / Transmission: 'Excellent'
Interior Trim: 'Very Good'
Sold for £4,500
(including buyers premium)